July 6, 2010

Healthy Hummus Wraps


It's too dang hot to cook or bake.   The less meals I have to slave over a hot stove for, the better.  I threw this light and healthy meal together because I was just plain exhausted and didn't want to be near more heat.  Texas, you're brutal this year.  I've never been a fan of you during the summer months but I'll manage to get along fine.

This is actually a very healthy, light and colorful meal.  Step away from that stove and enjoy this for lunch or dinner.

4 wheat or flour tortillas
4 tbsp hummus (any flavor you wish, I used roasted red pepper)
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1 c shredded lettuce
1 medium roma tomato, diced
4 tbsp feta cheese
2 tsp capers

Spread about 1 tbsp evenly on each tortilla.  Place about 3-4 slices of cucumber down the middle of each wrap.  Sprinkle remaining ingredients on each wrap evenly.  (lettuce, tomato, feta and capers) Fold and enjoy.   If you want more protein or more filling, add grilled chicken.  I used a leftover breast from the Tuscan Chicken recipe.  It added a lot of flavor!!

No comments: