October 6, 2012

Fall Snack Mix

My husband and I love to snack.  I can't keep chips or candy in the pantry or we'd polish them off on day one.  I only purchase snacks when I know we have company coming over or there's a good football game that I know my husband will be watching.  I like to stock him up on goodies for game days because I'm such a great wife. 

While wasting time creeping on Pinterest one day, I saw all kinds of fall snack mixes.  I decided to make a big batch and keep in a gallon ziplock baggie to keep fresh.  I put together a bunch of things we both like.  It's very easy and so festive this time of year!


Fall Snack Mix

1 bag of pretzels (I used the snaps - the square waffle looking ones)
1 lb of M & M's (I used peanut but the plain or peanut butter would be good too)
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 bag of caramel bits or nibs (I found them at Wal-Mart with the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
1 bag of candy corn (I used a mix that had the pumpkin shapes, regular candy corn and caramel candy corn)

Mix all together in a big bowl and you have a tasty fall mix for snacking.   I felt it needed a little more saltiness so bugels or chex mix would be good to add.  I whipped up a batch of homemade chex mix using Pioneer Woman's Chex Party Mix Recipe.  Then I added most of it to the mix and kept some by itself separately to enjoy with the sweets mixed in.   Enjoy!

No comments: