The best time of year is right around the corner friends. Fall/Autumn is amazing for a plethora of reasons. It brings us crisp cool weather, delicious soups and stews to warm our souls, the smell of leaves and football. I could go on and on, as it’s my favorite season.
These wings are the perfect snack for your crew while they cheer on their favorite team during football season. They’re actually great for anytime but football is here and wings and football go together so well. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
I bought a big package of wings on sale and decided I’d make a first attempt to make a mouth-watering coating so we could have homemade wings. This is a much more cost efficient option than eating out. My husband and I both love Garlic Parmesan so that is what I chose to try out. They turned out better than I expected. My husband usually likes his wings fried vs. baked and well done.
I took a chance by baking them and just left them in a little longer to get the crispiness to his liking. I also cut up celery and carrots into sticks and served with an individual bowl of ranch dressing. He loved them!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Emeril’s Original Essence but Lawry’s would work)
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 30-40 minutes or until skin is golden brown. (I left them in for about 50 minutes for extra crispy.) I flipped them half way through so that both sides get crispy. While the chicken is baking, mix together the butter, dried basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/butter sauce. Serve with the blue cheese or ranch dressing.