January 11, 2009

White Chocolate Craisin Chews

We worked hard all day to organize our office closet and file cabinets. The shelving units we found are perfect for what we needed. It made me realize what a pack rat I am. (not that my husband didn't have his own share of stuff to purge such as old computer equipment, cords, cables, etc) It was a great feeling to get rid of so much stuff that we didn't need. I threw away tons of paperwork I've kept and collected over the years like old bills, bank statements, etc. Now I need a shredder to run 4 boxes of old checkbooks through. I may just burn them sometime this week. That would be a nice release for me. Yes, I'm a pyro sometimes and it gives me joy to see some sort of destruction. ha ha I still have things on my desk to find a place for or decide whether to throw out or not. After 4 moves in 9 years since I've been in Dallas, you'd think I'd have less crap to get rid of but it really seems like more and more piled on during or after each move.

I was in the mood for sweet, chewy cookies so I decided to reward myself with these delights today. I pretty much just used a basic cookie dough recipe and stirred in chunks of white chocolate and craisins. Yummy!! I love them!



White Chocolate Craisin Chews

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 stick of butter, softened
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup craisins
6 oz. (About 1 1/2 cups) white chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used baking chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, blend until mixed. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until incorporated. Stir in craisins and white chocolate. Use cookie scoop and place cookies on ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 9 minutes or until you start to see them lightly brown around the edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Note: The cookies will flatten when they cool. Store in airtight container.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments: