August 18, 2009

Shower of Cakes














A friend at work has enjoyed my baked goods so much that she asked if I could make something for her sister's bridal shower. We went back and forth for a couple of weeks on ideas for desserts and flavors and finally early the week of the event she asked if I could make 3, 9-inch layered round cakes. I told her SURE! She wanted vanilla with vanilla frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting and strawberry with strawberry frosting. It sounded easy enough. I went on a search for recipes to use and found the ones to use for all three and of course added my own flair to them. The process of making the cakes and frostings went really smooth. I only had one frosting not turn out and I had to redo it. Otherwise, everything went really well. I started right after work around 6:30 and finished everything around 11:30ish. I was really proud of how they turned out. I tasted the scraps of the cakes and the frosting and they seemed to be flavorful enough to me. She confirmed the following Monday at work that they were a hit and really moist. I was glad to hear it!


No comments: