August 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Banana Bread















I was in the mood to bake this weekend. My husband loves peanut butter and I love the combination of peanut butter and bananas together. So I found this recipe with the best of both worlds. I added cinnamon to bring out a better flavor. I didn't think to put it in and it felt like it was missing something. So that is my suggestion that I added to the recipe below.

1/3 c butter
4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare one loaf pan by coating with butter or cooking spray.

Place butter and peanut butter in a large microwavable safe bowl and microwave until melted (about 1 minute). Add the mashed bananas and stir together with a spoon until combined. Add both sugars, beaten egg, vanilla and stir to incorporate all ingredients. Then add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir just enough to combine but be sure not to over mix.

Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes and test by sticking the center with toothpick or knife to see if it comes out clean. If not, cook in 5 minute intervals until done.

No comments: