September 12, 2014

It's been a long time

Hello friends!  Are you still out there?  I know it's been over a year since I've posted. I apologize for slacking. As we all experience, life is busy at times and you have to make sacrifices.  Alright, to be honest, it was partly that but MOSTLY I haven't been inspired to blog or even read blogs. Meh. Laziness. It happens.

I am getting back in the mood for food.  Maybe it's the cold front moving in giving me energy to get busy in the kitchen, as if my favorite season of fall is here.  Hmmm I'm trying not to get too excited because you never know when the heat will hit again out of nowhere just to remind you that this is Texas.

I have made an effort to participate more often in tasting events and contributing to a local food blog (Dallas Food Nerd) that allows various foodies to share their experiences.  It's foodie fun at it's tastiest!  We write reviews on restaurants, products and cookbooks. I have one posted that I'll share next and a couple more in progress. Be sure to stay tuned for more updates regarding that.

I've continued to cook and I've learned a few new things in the process. I can finally cook steaks to the correct temperature (medium), just the way my husband and I like them.  I have successfully made various breads and some more than once such as: French bread, ciabatta bread, rosemary and kalamata loaves and baguettes.  I just realized I didn't take photos of the breads.  Weird. I've also made more spices from scratch versus buying them.  Jamaican jerk seasoning and taco seasoning will be used more often now that I know how to throw them together and store.

There's always time to take pics of food just not enough time to share recipes and details about it. However, if you see any that you're interested in making let me know and I'd be happy to share recipes with you. I thought it would be great to share a few delicious photos of  I've made over the past year. Some are my own and others are recipes I found and I'm sure I can track down on Pinterest or favorite blogs.  Let me know.

Some of these photos are making me salivate all over again.  I've made some pretty tasty stuff over the time I've been away from you.  I'm sorry I wasn't around to share the love.  I'll try to make it up to you.

Coconut Lime Shrimp & Zucchini Tartines
Blue Cheese Steak Pear Salad

Balsamic Steak Rolls

Tator Tot Casserole


Crispy Pork Belly
Thai Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup


Nicoise Salad
Duck Confit & Shaved Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie
Chocolate Pie with Pretzel Crust

Cold Strawberry Soup
Cherry Holiday Cheer
Apple Spice Doughnut 

No comments: