December 20, 2012

Kitchen Assistance?

Let's try something new. Communication.

I want to open up this blog for food-related questions. I'm not a chef or expert in the kitchen... even better, I'm a home cook like most of you. Most of us always come across something we don't know and are too embarrassed to ask others, so we Google it. Sometimes even that doesn't help or clarify what you need. Believe me, I STILL look up simple things that I feel I really should know but I have too many other non-essential things saved up in my brain that there is not much room for minor kitchen or food knowledge. There is nothing wrong with learning something new once in a while anyway.

I receive an occasional email or text for recipes or questions from friends. I've responded with quick recipes to them while they were in a pinch needing an appetizer or meal idea ASAP. I'm such a sweet friend.

Don't feel like cooking and want a restaurant recommendation? I'd love to help with that too.

I would love to hear from you!



2 comments:

Todd Reid said...

Does mayonnaise need to be kept in the fridge?

I've heard arguments for both, what do you think
I don't think it NEEDS it, but that's where I keep mine, cause I like it to be cold on sandwiches.

ChrysV said...

Todd, thanks for your question. My husband and I have actually discussed this recently. In my opinion, it should be kept in the fridge and, like you, I like it cold on sandwiches too. (Who likes warm mayo on their sandwiches?!)

I have seen a few sites online where some brands actually say "No Refrigeration Required" on the label. Some experts have said the acidity in it fight off bacteria. I would still refrigerate it for my own piece of mind. I guess it's a matter of preference. My Hellman's Light Squeeze bottle actually says to Refrigerate After Opening.