March 19, 2011

Festive Treats


I think everyone at work is on a diet because of me.   I bring in treats for them to try new recipes or I just share goodies to celebrate a holiday or birthday.  They hate the temptation, then love when they finally give in.   These cookies were so freakin' easy and tasty!  I brought them in for St. Patrick's Day. I'm glad I left some at home to share with the hubby and have for snacking all weekend.   Try them out!  Be prepared my fellow co-workers... someone's birthday is next Tuesday.  I am whipping up a special treat to celebrate!

Festive St. Patty's Cookies
Shortbread Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2 c white chocolate chips
green sugar crystals
crushed pistachios
green food coloring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In a large mixing bowl, add butter and powdered sugar.   Cream together until mixed.  Add vanilla.   Gradually add flour.  Mix well.

You can roll it out onto a lightly floured surface and cut in shapes or use cookie cutters. Or just simply shape a tablespoon of dough into logs or squares.  Leave about 2 inches between each cookie.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for about 9-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.   Cool for 2 minutes on pan and then move cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

You can drizzle or spoon melted chocolate over cookies. Then sprinkle with toppings of your choice.   I spooned white chocolate and sprinkled green sugars or pistachios over mine.  I also colored the white chocolate with green food coloring on some.  Makes about 24 cookies.

No comments: