July 21, 2010

Whoopie Pie Wednesday


Cakeballs are fabulous.  Cupcakes are fabulous.  Anything with frosting is fabulous.  Whoopie Pies have now been confirmed by me as fabulous!  I've been wanting to try these out for a while now.  I finally caved.  I made Red Velvet and Devil's Food. Ohh emm geeee!!   Babe, you're taking these to work for the guys to devour.  I've had one of each flavor and I'm going to have to let them go far away from me or I'm gonna have to call in sick tomorrow just so I can stay home to stuff my face with this sweetness in private!

Cookies
1 Box Cake Mix (any flavor)
2 eggs
1/2 c butter (1 stick)

Beat ingredients in a mixer until combined.   Using cookie scoop, place them on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-11 minutes.  Let cool in pan about 5 minutes transfer to rack to cool completely while you make the filling.  Or you could just enjoy them as cookies.  They're very moist! But why wouldn't you want frosting?!

Cream Cheese Filling
1 pkg cream cheese, room temperature
2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.   Add powdered sugar in increments of 1/2 c to thicken if needed.  Spread about 2 tablespoons of filling on the flat surface of cookies and sandwich together.  Makes 16 cookie sandwiches.

No comments: